For a small country town, Gloucester enjoys an exceptional range of sporting facilities that make it the envy of many larger centres. In the middle of the green and lovely Gloucester District Park you’ll find the council-owned pool complex that’s been providing perfect swimming conditions for over 50 years.
The perfect place to cool off is right in town! You’ll love the 50m lap pool, 15m wading pool with water feature & shade cover, toilets, change rooms, kiosk, first aid room, shady areas, picnic facilities & a fenced children’s play area. Adult $4.50, child $3.50, family $12. Call 6538 5270.
The outdoor Olympic Pool is heated to 26°C and the Hydrotherapy Pool is heated to 34°C.
The many benefits of swimming include health, enjoyment and lots of fun for the kids! The grassy area features 2 free electric barbecues and a gazebo that’s perfect for parties, work functions or even the extended family. Plus there’s free wi-fi available for those who can’t live without their technology close by.
- WHERE: At the Olympic Pool Complex in Gloucester District Park
- WHEN: The swimming season in Gloucester is Spring-Summer-Autumn, from October to April.
- Monday-Friday (o1 Oct – 28 Apr): 6.00am-6.00pm
- Weekends & public holidays: peak season (12 Nov to 19 Mar): 11.00am-6.00pm
- Weekends & public holidays: shoulder season (1 Oct to 5 Nov; 26 Mar to 28 Apr): 11.00am-4.00pm
- COST: adult $4.50; concession (senior/under 16yrs) $3.50; family $12; spectator only: $2
- Three month pass: single $150; family $220;
- Season pass: single $250; family $400
More details from the helpful pool staff on 6538 5270.
Learn to Swim
Teaching your child to swim is an essential part of being a parent in Australia, it may just save their life. Have your child taught by fully trained and accredited teachers, the next 8 week program commences Monday 17 October until 10 December 2015. Classes are available Monday to Friday (am and pm) plus Saturday (am only)
- Small group lessons $80 (or $12 per session)
- 1 on 1 lessons $150 (or $22 per session)
- Parent/child lessons for infants $80 (or $12 per sessoin)
Bookings essential call 6538 5270 or email to email@example.com
Aquarobics classes with qualified instructor Tarnya Turner
- Commence on Wednesday 5 October 2016
- 6.30am Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Bookings essential, $12 per class ($8 concession)
Early morning lap swimming
A great way to start the day & improve fitness. Olympic pool lane available 6.00am to 9.00am.
Social Exercise Group
If you’d like some light exercise in a friendly environment then join the Social Ladies group 9.30am-10.30am Monday to Friday. Adult $4.50 (concession $3.50)
The kid’s pool is now solar heated and the dragon’s head water feature makes it even more fun for the kids.
Olympic Pool Canteen
A new menu for the new season with a variety of hot and cold food and drinks, ice creams, ice blocks, snacks and sweet treats. Open 9am-12noon and 3pm-6pm.
A whole new experience of health and wellbeing, check out the separate listing for details.