These top things to do in Gloucester New South Wales are the best things to do in Gloucester! Our beautiful region offers extraordinary opportunities for visitors looking for authentic experiences in the Australian countryside:
- world heritage wilderness for adventure and wellbeing
- a calendar full of interesting events
- a town full of exceptional sporting facilities, and
- a natural environment that offers rest and recreation for the mind and soul.
For a sneak-peek scroll through the image galleries below and check out the full details as each is published.
Top things to do in Barrington Tops and nearby parks
Top things to do in Gloucester and nearby villages
Check out the full details below as each is published.
- Listen to original bush poetry in a cattleyard arena - Listen to original bush poetry by award winning poets in the all-Aussie arena of the cattle saleyard stands. Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Get up close to Tassie Devil joeys in Barrington Tops - Hidden in Barrington Tops, there’s no other experience like this on the Australian mainland! Become immersed in the devil’s huge free range enclosures to witness Tassie Devils in wild conditions & meet some Tassie Devil joeys... wickedly cute! #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Find the missing aeroplanes in Barrington Tops - Missing aeroplanes and lost souls are some of the many secrets kept safe by mysterious Barrington Tops. Do you know where to find them? Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Choose a country road to rediscovery - Pick a scenic country drive, they are all so beautiful around Gloucester & Barrington Tops. Take one of our winding country roads & it may just straighten out your thinking! Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Walk with dinosaur ghosts in Barrington Tops - Is that a meat-eating Australovenator (“Southern Hunter”) waiting for you beyond those fern trees or just a harmless herbivore Minmi? Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Camp in the forest with your best pal - Wake up to your camping holiday with a morning lick from your best furry pal. There are plenty of options around the Gloucester region for camping with well-behaved dogs. #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Ride the riverside trails of Captain Thunderbolt - Horse riding in the scenic foothills of Barrington Tops will inspire you with panoramic views, wildlife sightings & the prettiest river crossings of the Cobark River. #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Cool off where the platypus play - Swim in platypus habitat in the Gloucester River close to town or a short drive takes you to the platypus-friendly Barrington River, Barnard River or Manning River. Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Listen to the river as it works magic on your stress - You’ll find exceptional riverside campgrounds in Gloucester & locations nearby, also in our many national parks, state forest & reserves. Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester
- Taste nature’s purest in Gloucester Tops - At Gloucester Tops within Barrington Tops National Park step behind the green curtain into a dimly lit world of ancient Antarctic beech, towering tree ferns & pure mountain streams. Add this experience to #YourBuckettsList #TopThingsToDoGloucester